Friday, August 30, 2013

Easy Rider - Questions...

8/29/2013

I agree with most of the bloggers! This movie is not one I would want to see over and over again. I have never seen or experienced the lifestyle depicted in it, even though I am a baby boomer. I grew up in Argentina, and our reality was different then. Is that the earliest work of Jack Nicholson?  Someone told me the movie is in the Library of Congress is that right?

8/30/2013

Answers here ...  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easy_Rider


1 comment:

  1. On every level, this film represents the social construct I experienced in the late 1960's/early 70's.
    The portrayal of southerners resonated to me then. It formed a prejudice I carried until I actually traveled to and lived in the south.

    I believe this film was on the lead edge of a social wave. Not "hippie" culture, nor politically charged, it was more about the experience of drift, aimless in-the-moment zen philosophy embodied by the Peter Fonda portrayal. It is an example of art reflecting life then leading it.Because it did lead, socially. Like "MASH", the film galvanized the lives of millions around a shared experience.
    I bet this film would be hard to "get" for one from another culture unfamiliar with the 60's in America.

    ReplyDelete