Friday, March 1, 2013

Not yet rated

Wow. This was a tough film to get through. As a mother/parent I am thankful there is a rating agency.  Quite honestly, I don't buy Hollywood's view of what 8th graders are doing?  I guess I was concern about a few things, however:  8 members and if there is a tie, one member votes twice; some members seem far removed from the child rearing age; one viewer had no children and in fact was a budding Hollywood director or writer; I was bothered there were I unclear guidelines; I was bothered that there appeared to be less favorable ratings if made by an independent artist.  I've seen the content of movies get more and more risqué and violent over the years and seems like our acceptance or tolerance is more lax giving way to a blurred line between the rating codes.  May not be perfect but better than nothing and better than the government

No comments:

Post a Comment