Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

So this was an interesting movie for me because I am doing my final project on Western movies. The movie starring Paul Newman, Robert Reford, and Katherine Ross was released in 1969. It follows Butch Cassidy (Paul N.) and The Sundance Kid also known as Harry H. (Robert Redford) on their journey to Bolivia because they were escaping the law enforcement who were trying to catch them for robbing trains. However, when they got to Bolivia, they began to rob banks and evade the Bolivia police and the American law enforcement that had followed them.

Probably one of my favorite scenes in the movie is when the three (including Katherine Ross who plays Sundance's girl) travel to New York. There they experience the turn of the century living and culture. I perhaps liked this the best because I just got done reading Amusing the Millions by John Kannon, so I could better correlate the time period and place they were in.

Here is a link that might be interesting to read and view a picture of the real outlaws.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=buch+cassidy+and+the+sundance+kid&view=detail&id=9A7E8519E984691756DABDD43E8B6AD628609CB1&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR

No comments:

Post a Comment