Friday, February 13, 2015

An American In Paris


I really enjoyed watching the movie, An American in Paris.  I don't normally like musicals but I thought the movie was really good, funny, and engaging.  The romantic story line was endearing to the characters as well.
Gene Kelly was an amazing dancer.  On his Bio page (biography.com/people/gene-kelly-9362176) it states “Gene Kelly was a dancer whose athletic style transformed the movie musical and did much to change the American public’s conception of male dancers.”  That guy could dance!
Also, it states that Gene Kelly choreographed the movie, including the lengthy (18 minutes) finale ballet scene.
Wiki states that George Gershwin wrote the music in 1928 as he was inspired by the time he personally spent in Paris and wanted to capture the sights and energy of the city.  Call me crazy but I think I might buy the Soundtrack…

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Lisa, I enjoyed this movie as well. I thought the movie was great until the last 30min. The dance number at the end was too long, and I really did not think it went with them movie...That part of the movie made no since to me. I think Gene Kelly was wonderful in this movie....

    ReplyDelete