Friday, February 20, 2015

The Thing from Another World

I really liked The Thing from Another World.  I thought it was a lot more funny than scary.  In fact, I didn't think it was scary at all (not compared to today's horror movies).  I liked the romance going on between Nikki and Captain Hendry too, and the fact that the men always had "another" great idea on how to stop the alien, even when they were running out of options.  Overall a good movie.

I also wanted to mention that in one of the posters that Tom posted is The Creature from the Black Lagoon.  The underwater scenes of that movie were filmed near Tallahassee at Wakulla Springs.  There is an awesome, old school lodge there that is very cool.  It feels like you step back in time when you are there - old Florida.  They also give boat tours on the springs and talk about the movie, etc.  Here is a link to the lodge.  My family stays there every summer.  It's worth checking out if you are looking for a family getaway.  http://www.visitwakulla.com/Hotels/Wakulla-Springs-Lodge

No comments:

Post a Comment