Thursday, February 5, 2015

Fast Eddie Felson -- The Hustler

Robert Rossen did a great job with this film. I enjoyed watching the ups and downs of the main character. As with many gamblers, Eddie doesn't know when to call it quits and it ends up destroying him multiple times. In his path of self destruction, Eddie also destroys other people. The ending of the movie shows Eddie overcoming his destructive ways and standing up for someone other than himself.

I read on IMDB that Fast Eddie Felson reappears in "The Color of Money". The movie "Kingpin" is a similar storyline as the "The Color of Money". I found this amusing because when I watched "The Hustler", I thought of the movie Kingpin.


1 comment:

  1. eddie was a chronic complusive personality. he struggled with his addictions

    ReplyDelete