Wednesday, January 30, 2013

SUNSET BLVD > GLORIA SWANSON







I posted these pictures because I feel like Gloria Swanson had an amazing ability to portray her feelings and thoughts through her eyes. 
During the viewing of the film, I was personally captured by them from the very beginning. 
After she removes her sunglasses in her first scene of Sunset Blvd., it seems as though her character is immediately revealed through her "eye" expression.

Based on some of the pictures I found and posted, you can see this ability portrayed countless times in many of her films.

2 comments:

  1. She does have amazing eyes Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those are some piercing eyes that made her character even more prominent. Sh also reminded me of the evil stepmother in the Disney Snow White with her mysterious demeanor.

    ReplyDelete