Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sunset Blvd

I thought this movie was really well done. Gloria Swanson had the best facial expressions and used the over dramatic looks from her silent screen days well. In her mind, she was still a great and powerful silent movie star.

There are times that I felt really sorry for her; losing her looks, and willing to buy people for love.

Max protects and loves her, even though he thinks he is helping her, he is actually contributing to her delusions.

Joe having Betty come to the house was done more out of anger at Norma, and was  felt mean to Betty. If trying to hurt both he succeeded, although I think that he wanted Betty to marry Artie, because he was such a great guy.

In the end Norma Desmond was delusional that she could not tell fact from fiction, even coming done the stairs after the murder, acting like she was in a movie and at the end saying: "Alright Mr Demille, I'm ready for my close up."

This movie was really well done, and I could imagine not very well liked by the Hollywood inside crowd, because it pokes fun at them and their lifestyles.

No comments:

Post a Comment