Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chicago

I chose to watch Chicago, a more temporary piece, for our assigned viewing of a musical.  Chicago was not one of my favorite movies or even musicals, but I particularly enjoyed the songs that they selected for the movie.  I actually found the plot to be rather dry and thought the movie dragged on to a certain extent.
I feel that they did a good job of choreographing and writing the songs in the movie.  My favorite part the movie was when the prisoners performed the "Cell Block Tango."  It was a very exciting scene that did a good job of answering many of my questions building up to that part.  I especially liked the way that they incorporated how they killed the men into the dancing of the song.  I also enjoyed Catherine Zeta Jones' performance, and thought she killed the role of a Jazz icon in the 20's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nro0plocJI

No comments:

Post a Comment