Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Singin' in the Rain

 The musical I watched was the 1952 classic Singin' in the Rain, staring Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor and Debbie Reynolds. This film is one of my favorites; I find it to be both hilarious and heart warming. Plus I love the unique comedic view on the history of “talkies”. I think one of my most favorite scenes is when they do a test viewing of Lina Lamont and Don Lockwood’s first attempt at a talking picture but unfortunately the audio gets mixed up. The whole “no no no” in the high-pitched woman’s voice over the male villain’s nodding his head in agreement, it makes me crack up every time. I used to watch this movie a lot with my family as a child so it always brings back sweet memories for me. Also my mother, being a huge movie buff, was able to give me interesting tid-bits like that Gene Kelly was suffering from a fever of 104 when he preformed the actual song “Singing in the Rain”. And at the end of the day I always love being able to sing along with “Good Mornin”. I really do love this movie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment