Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Singing in the Rain

For homework this week I chose to watch Singing in The Rain. I have actually seen this movie many times. It is one of my favorite movies; I essentially grew up watching it.

I think that this is a very interesting movie because it is a movie about the film industry during the switch from silent movies to movies with sound. The idea of watching a film in essence joking about the film industry is actually very amusing to me.

Essentially the film is about a romance between an actor and an aspiring actress during the switch from silent movies to movies with sound. This aspiring actress’s voice is used in place of a famous silent era’s actress’s horrible shrieking voice. Finally at the end of the movie full credit gets given to Kathy for allowing Lina to use her voice during the film.

The music in this film is outstanding. I think almost everyone knows the song “Singing in The Rain” which the film gains title from. My favorite song in this movie however, is “Good Morning”. Its up beat, easy to sing along with, and very cheerful.

The main actors and actresses include Gene Kelley, Debbie Reynolds, and Jean Hagen. The film was released in 1952 and distributed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment