Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Gold Rush

I was very impressed that the Tramp could walk in the snow wearning 14 size shoes! Although it was a silent film I found the music really led the story. It would change with the seriosness of the scenes. I didn't like when a person was talking and there was no caption for what they had said. We coldn't hear them so, why did they do that without letting the audience know what was said. It just annoyed me alittle. I thought that when Big Jim McKay was imaging the Tramp as a chicken his laugher appeared very realistic. Has facial expressions and body movements really made me believe he thought it was hilarious. It even made me smile. The last thing I thought was interesting was when the Tramp played dead outside the cabin in order to get food. He was completely stiff when the man picked him up! I do not know how he did that. His body really looked like he was frozen.  I guess that is the beauty of silent film actors. Everything depended on their actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment